Thursday, February 28, 2013

Never Give In To Fear by Marti MacGibbon

Never Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock BottomNever Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock Bottom by Marti MacGibbon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Did you find this book a quick read? We read this book as part of the book club. As with any book we read an agreed number of chapters discuss the book and then read more. This was hard for me personally with MacGibbon’s book. I personally would have liked to read this book outside of the book club. I honestly forced myself to stop reading and not read ahead. Quick read for the book club, no. Quick read personally, yes.

Do any characters grow or change during the course of the novel? Marti starts out as an infrequent drug user. She blossoms into a full addict. At the end she is in recovery. I have wondered about a few other characters (Evan) and what happened to them.

How did the main character feel during the book? I got the feeling that Marti experienced lots of hopelessness. She kept using drugs to find the hope, need, and desire she was looking for in life.

What did you think was the most interesting part of the book? When Marti went looking for drugs during the flood. It took her several days to find anything. Every place she went told her “No, I don’t have any” “Sorry, can’t front you”. I guess to this reader it shows how important drugs were to her over the loss of everything.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment